Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

So Sad Today...

While shopping for Christmas groceries this afternoon, Mark's sister called and informed us that the Provo Tabernacle burned down today.  All that is left is the outer walls.  I've never felt any sort of attachment for any material object, but I realized today just how much the Provo Tabernacle meant to me, and how many memories I have made there.  I have many memories of going to concerts there, attending regional conferences for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and even one New Years Eve First Night in Provo going to take shelter from the cold and listening to the beautiful music that was being played.  I have to admit, I have had a heavy heart today at this great loss.  There was millions of dollars worth of equipment that was lost in the fire, but you can't put a price tag on this irreplaceable historical landmark. 

5 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I know what you mean. Chris sent me the News footage in an email, and I cried as I watched it. A lot of people are just devastated by this! It was built in the 1800's and was so amazing! This is a real loss!!

Karen said...

It is very sad. I was surprised. I have memories of going there for Stake Conference while we were at BYU. I was there the day after I got engaged. I sang with the choir for Stake Conference when I was 8 months pregnant with Alex and Elder Perry was there. It is a loss.

Alicia said...

That is so sad!

Stacy said...

I know! Everyone is super bummed! I hope they rebuild it but even if they do it just won't be the same.

Boy Mom said...

Such a sad end to a beautiful building.

Email at smithrisu@gmail.com with your address and I'll send you our Christmas card.

A joyous Christmas to you.