Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Miscarriage, for Real

So, Mark and I just spent another night in the ER. I began bleeding extreme amounts of blood, and I had a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. Had I known that I was just miscarrying, I wouldn't have gone to the ER, but it didn't feel anything like my first miscarriage. But, it was a blighted ovum, meaning that there was a sac, but no baby in it, and so my body was getting rid of it, as it should. We feel a little sad, but it hasn't been as hard as the first one because we have been a little distant from the start just for this reason. We have realized, though, over the past 2 days how much our family and friends do care about us, and we have appreciated all of the calls and prayers in our behalf. For now, though, we are going to sleep for a very long time! Spending our nights at the hospital is very exhausting!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

We are praying for you. And we love you.

Amber said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. I'm so sorry.

JLR said...

Hey Guys, I'm so sad about this. We will keep you you in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Teri said...

Dear Mark and Ginny,
We too are very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. We are heartbroken about the situation and want you to know we too are here for you if you ever need us. we wish we could think of something to say that would make it better, or atleast ease the pain, but all we can do is give you our apologies which are sincere and we pray that with time you will be able to do the rest-

Emily said...

Oh you guys, we feel for you, we do. Please know we are praying for you to get through this.

Just us said...

We were so heartbroken to hear the news. We love you guys and please let us know if you need anything.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Ginny, NO Way! Sorry I'm so astonished, but I'd never heard of that before, and then Between having Bree and Elle, I too had a blighted Ovum. I didn't even feel bad, because I hadn't even lost a baby. Just an empty old sack. So, I guess for me there was no loss. But it was so weird to hear of you having the same thing. One of my friends had miscarried for real the week before it happened to me, and I cried for her. So I guess when I found out about my blighted ovum, I was done crying. I hope you're ok. Definitely let me know if you need anything. That's so crazy!

Anonymous said...

Oh man I'm so sorry about this! And sorry I'm only just reading about it now (I'm way way behind in all blog reading!). I'm thinking of the both of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.