Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 08, 2010

Mark's new hobby!

Back in September I bought a book, "Bread Alone,"

from Barnes and Noble, because I wanted to start baking homemade bread more often. This book teaches you how to make Artisan breads, without machines and baking pans, using healthier flours than what you normally find in the grocery store loaves of bread. These breads are the kind you would find at Kneaders (my favorite restaurant, btw!) or Panera, (almost as good as Kneaders.) Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't allow me much time for leisure reading, and especially no time for baking breads that take an entire day, so the book sat on the shelf for a really long time.


Mark then had his fall break from school, and during that time he read the entire book! Then the baking began! He baked some dutch oven Pumpernickel rolls for our branch Manly Man dinner, and has been baking ever since. Of course, this saves me time, and I get to enjoy bread. That book was the best purchase I have ever made!

4 comments:

Rachel loves Mike said...

It looks soo yummy! Have fun baking!

Stacy said...

Yummm! Too bad you aren't 20 steps away for me to steal your bread!

susan said...

I could live on artisan bread. I'm going to have to buy that book.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, lucky girl :) I might have to get that book!