Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frog Legs Anyone?

All I have to say is BARF!  

Although Mark and I have been riding bikes and such, I am still taking the dogs for walks in the morning so that they can get their exercise in too.  Polly, as mentioned in a previous post, is a beast.  My biggest frustration walking them is Polly tugging on my arm, because she is so strong.  She is really good at coming back to me when I tell her to come, and if I tell her to heel she will walk beside me.  The problem is if she sees something interesting, she forgets she is attached to a leash, and takes off after whatever it.

Since she is so responsive to me calling her, I have just been dropping her leash when there aren't any people around, and she usually stays right behind my right leg.  Today she was feeling a little more adventurous, and would run off the trail a little ways, then come running past us (Ros and I).  As we were nearing the Ped bridge, I realized that Polly hadn't been tapping my leg like she normally does.  I looked back, and she was about a half mile back with her head in some brush.

I called her name and her head popped up with a frantic look on her face.  After she didn't immediately come, I called her again, and she buried her head back into the brush, and then came running.  I saw something black sticking out of her mouth, and I figured she was just eating another stick (Yes, she has eaten sticks before) and I was prepared to dig it out of her mouth when she got to me.

As she got nearer I could hear a popping sound, and I just though it was her breaking the stick she had found.  She ran up to me and I grabbed her and lifted her head up, and what I saw was a little something like this...

 Barely able to resist barfing, I decided that a mouth swipe was not the best idea.  This one I would let her have.  Although, I did send a quick text to Mark telling him that his dog had just eaten a frog, and if that was bad.  He responded, "Only if it is poisonous."  My response, "Ummmm."  My thought, "Didn't get a chance to test it before she crunched it down!"  She is still alive, so I assume that it wasn't poisonous, but she has been hopping around a lot more than usual today!

The biggest problem is that I can still see the foot sticking out of her mouth, and I can still hear her crunching on the bones, and all over again I want to barf!  Yuck!

No worries, my afternoon bike ride with Mark went better, he didn't eat any frogs.  Although I do think both of us inhaled some bugs.  We biked out to Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and we loved it.  The 13 mile part wasn't so great, but the scenery was amazing!  I love Autumn, and Omaha/Council Bluffs does a pretty good job of showing it off!  Not to mention as we were headed back there was a field full of deer running and playing around.  So neat!  It was initially supposed to be an 8 mile ride, but we took a wrong turn, or I should say we didn't turn, and it ended up being 13 miles.  My bum is a little sore, but it was well worth it!  This is kind of what it looked like tonight.  Once again we forgot our camera, so this is a picture that I found that is pretty accurate of what we saw.  We will definitely be doing that ride again!


2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Too funny. I would've reacted the same way!

Robby said...

Dogs will instictively not eat toads, which will kill them, so it definitely was a frog. Still no milksnakes?