Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 04, 2011

To Bear, or Not to Bear

So as many of you know, we have been unable to have children.  I have had 2 miscarriages, after trying for years to get pregnant each time.  In 2009 we used up the little savings we had in fertility treatments, which were unsuccessful, without receiving a diagnosis as to why I was having trouble.

Then in 2010, Mark and I applied for adoption through the church's Family Services Program, and were unsuccessful in that.

Since moving here to Flagstaff, I have been thinking about what we should do next.  We have said for a while that once Mark got a stable job, we would try again for a baby, but we didn't really think much about it, until recently.

I have found a Fertility Center in Phoenix, and we have our first meeting with them in October.  On top of that, I have been working out daily so that I can get my body ready for whatever lies ahead, because if you weren't aware, fertility treatments are very taxing on the body.  Not to mention childbirth!

To explain what brought me to blog about this, it all has to do with Relief Society.  In our lesson today we talked about have a good attitude and being cheerful in our afflictions.  The scripture that was quoted was John 16:33.

What had the most impact for me was what a sister said.  She said that it is the difference between only surviving our adversities, and overcoming them.  Then it hit me.  I have only been surviving infertility.  It doesn't take much effort to survive infertility, it isn't something that is deadly, or physically painful.  But I should be overcoming it, putting in real effort to beat it, in order to create my family.

So, I have determined that I am going to overcome it.  I am going to go through all of the fertility treatments necessary to have a child, and if that doesn't work, then we are going to do all we can to adopt.  Either way, I have decided that I am no longer just going to survive, but I am going to overcome! 

1 comment:

Lara Zierke said...

How inspiring. I am excited to see what life has in store for you.