Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Leg Cramps

Lately I have been having leg cramps, you know, the kind that keep you up at night.  They aren't quite Charley horses, but they definitely make their presence known. 

I am wondering if any other women out there have had pregnancy leg cramps, and what you have done to help them.  I have been beefing up on my potassium by eating more bananas, and grape Gatorade is now a permanent fixture next to my water bottle.  Any other suggestions? 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I get charley horse cramps when I'm pregnant. When I'm not pregnant, I also just get leg cramps and Ethan gets them now, too. I know some of it is from growing (for him), but I still get the aches even now, so....

I like using a heating pad on my legs when I go to bed at night, or sometimes I'll put my feet up on the couch and put warm rice bags on my legs. I also use ibuprofen or tylenol when they really hurt. I know tylenol is your option, now.

What I have been told is that the charley horse cramps occur during pregnancy because of a lack of calcium because they baby takes it from you. So keep up the potassium, I know that helps and add a little more calcium. Good luck!

Talai said...

If I made sure to drink a lot of milk throughout the day that helped me a lot!! Big difference!