Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

30 weeks and all is well

We finally made it to 30 weeks!  I don't know why it feels like such an accomplishment, but it does.  Here are the pics:

Pardon the background, I had Mark take the pic at his work when I dropped his lunch off.

I never thought that all it would take is a very large pregnant belly to make my butt look smaller!
 At the last doctors appointment a week and a half ago, Max was still measuring big.  So I would say that I have 10 more weeks of this, but I honestly hope I don't go all the way to 40 weeks.  I am already feeling quite large, and recently I have been feeling much heavier, even though I haven't gained any weight.  I guess it's just because all the weight is moving to my abdomen, and I'm not used to that.  The Braxton Hicks definitely don't help any, either. 

At the last appointment the doctor made it pretty clear that I will be waiting until 36 weeks to remove the cerclage.  He also said that it usually takes around 2 weeks after that for the cervix to open back up, so Max will most likely be here between 38-40 weeks.  Let's hope for 38, especially since he is measuring two weeks bigger than normal!

I am getting excited for the all-day labor class in a few weeks.  I plan on pushing this guy out naturally, but I have been feeling nervous about whether or not I will remember all the coping techniques.  So I am glad for the class because it will be an entire day when Mark and I can focus on learning how to do this labor and delivery stuff.  I am also REALLY nervous that he ends up being too big for me to push out, as is not uncommon in my family.  I absolutely don't want to have any kind of medicated birth, since I hate how it makes me feel.  Of course, I will do what it takes to make sure he gets here healthy, but I am definitely determined to do this without medication if possible.  I never thought that I would be thinking about my own labor and delivery!  8 years in the making, we are so excited to meet Miracle Max!

4 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Awesome Ginny! You are 8 weeks ahead of me. I am already feeling huge, but I haven't gained any weight either. I always go to the end. I never deliver early. But, that makes for a healthy baby!! So glad you are feeling good, and that everything is going well for you now. All babies are miracles for sure :) I'm really excited for you guys!!!

Stacy said...

You look amazing and that is crazy that you haven't gained any weight! You are so lucky!

I wonder if he consistently continues to measure 2 weeks bigger if they will consider moving up your due date by two weeks? Fingers crossed?

Although if you want to deliver naturally then the last thing you want to do is be induced, you want that little boy to make his debut on his own!

Congrats!

Boy Mom said...

You are beautiful and I'm so happy for you.

Kathy said...

Horray! 30 weeks! Your name is a permanent fixture on the prayer roll at the Winter Quarters Temple.