Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pres. Monson and Elder Oaks spoke at our Stake Conference

Today we had stake conference, and we had President Monson, Elder Oaks, Elder Snow, and Sister Lifferth from the general Primary presidency speak to us today.



It was wonderful! Oh, yeah, it was broadcast, too. The conference was broadcast to 61 stakes in 8 midwest states. All four talks were wonderful! The adult session last night was also very inspiring.

After Stake Conference, we went to the Stake 2nd Counselor's house for dinner. Lonnie and Triva had invited the us over for Easter dinner, and then the Curzon's invited them over, since they share backyards, so we were invited too. It was a really nice day. The only problem was trying to get around, which brings me to Friday.

Friday we were at the park walking the dogs, and we were about half way through when I was stepping down off the sidewalk to cross the street. My left heel caught on the sidewalk at the same time that Ros pulled on the leash in my right hand, and my right ankle rolled, and I heard a loud pop. Yup, that's right, my little 9 pound dog took me down! I was sprawled out in the middle of the road. Funny thing was, I yelled out to Mark, "I still have her!" because once Ros gets off the leash, she is a tough dog to get back.
When I got home, and we started icing it, it didn't hurt too badly. It also didn't swell up very much. We would have gone to the doctor, but it was closed for Good Friday. So yesterday I woke up, and it felt pretty good. So I started walking around, and after about an hour it was killing me, and it had swollen up quite a bit. So I got me some crutches, and we are going to the doctor tomorrow to see how bad it is. While we were at the Curzon's house, everyone was teasing me saying that I was trying to get out of the Trek that we are going on with the youth for Youth Conference in June. Hopefully it won't take that long to heal!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Easter guys! It sounds like it was a wonderful day - what a great conference! We had the opportunity to go see a broadcasted multi-stake conference in CA, they are SO NEAT!

I hope your ankle doesn't keep you from Trek. I did that while I was in CA - they stopped doing it since which I think is so sad. It was one of the best experiences, one I will never forget. Get better soon, I will be watching for an update!

Boy Mom said...

Ouch! I had one of those this week! only a scrape though. Happy Easter!