Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Funny stuff

We've had some funny things happening, so I decided I had to blog about a few of them.  The first funny thing I don't have pictures of, but I thought it was too funny not to mention it.

Last Thursday our air conditioner went out on us.  That's not the funny part.  Because of the AC not working we have had our back door open most of the day to attempt to cool down the place.  Late Friday night we had yet another visit from a rather large bug, which looked like a Cicada.  Roslyn just happened to notice it fly in and started chasing it around.  She kept jumping up trying to get it, about 4 feet in the air.

The bug found one of our nightlight wallflowers and headed towards it.  Roslyn jumped up and snatched it right out the air.  I was waiting to clean it up after she spit it out like she usually does, but she kept crunching on it, and then swallowed it!  I promise we feed her!  Maybe she knew I needed a good laugh.

The other kind of funny/weird thing was when I was going to take Mark his lunch at work.  I parked the car and started walking in, wondering why there were so many people just standing around in the parking lot.  Then, I looked up and this is what I saw...

The Budweiser Clydesdales and dog
 How random is that?  At first I thought the dalmatian was a plastic one or something, but then it stood up.  I have to say, I was a little worried they might trample me.  I couldn't help but think they must have gotten lost.

Lastly, I have to start by saying our apartment was built for warmth.  Flagstaff is really not very hot, which we LOVE!  But the way our apartment is set up, all windows are on the same side of the apartment, which all face west.  So we can't get any kind of cross breeze, and when the sun is hottest, in the afternoon, it has 2 windows and a sliding door to enter through and heat up our apartment.  So most of the weekend our apartment was around 85-90 degrees inside, even though it was only around 70 outside.  Even at night, when it gets down to the low 60's, our apartment remains in the high 80's. 

Our problem is, neither of us can sleep at all when it is above 70.  So, our solution was to put an air mattress on the patio and sleep out there.



It felt great, almost like camping.  The problem was, there happens to be a resident crow in a tree behind our apartment, and it starts its crowing at the crack of dawn.  When I woke up to its delightful sounds, I asked Mark if I could get the gun and shoot it.  Unfortunately, he said it wasn't legal. 

No comments: