Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2012

38 week update

Yup, still pregnant.  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  He said I am 2 cm dilated, and 70% effaced.  Doctor Johansen estimates that Max now weighs over 8 pounds, and so he is going to do an ultrasound on Tuesday to make sure Max is not getting too big.  He doesn't like his patients having 10 pound babies.  I think it really concerned him when Traci told him that her youngest was 10 pounds 11 ounces when he was born.

Oh yeah, I don't think I  mentioned that Traci is here, and has been for a week.  Time has definitely been flying by much faster since she got here.  She is very anxious to hold Max, and so since he isn't here yet, she has been spoiling my dogs rotten.  Literally.  I worry that when she leaves they will be unbearable, especially Roslyn.  She even lets Ros sleep with her.  I go into their room in the morning to get Ros out, take her out to go to the bathroom, then Ros runs right back up and climbs back in bed with Traci.

Back to Max.  Tuesday I will have an ultrasound done to look at Max"s size, and to check the amniotic fluid levels.  If he is looking like a normal sized baby, then we will plan to be induced September 4.  I never thought I would choose to be induced, but after 2 weeks of contractions, some which are pretty painful, I am so ready to have this baby!  If he is looking bigger, Doctor Johansen may decide to go ahead and induce earlier, to decrease the risk of having to have a cesarean. 

So I decided to go ahead and do pictures again, even though I am as big as a HOUSE!  I didn't feel like getting dressed up, so this is what I look like on a daily basis.  Sorry!

38 weeks 2 days pregnant with Max


2 comments:

Alicia said...

You don't look big as a house, just pregnant! And the end is the worst! We are feeling for you because it really is awful from 38 weeks on. Okay, from like 30 weeks on, I think, but it will be so worth it in a few days/weeks when you hold him. So happy for you!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Love your pregnant pics. I need to do more of them. Just enjoy all of this!! :) He'll be here before you know it. And I hope he's not 10lbs. ha..ha..