Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

35 Weeks and all is well

Monday was another appointment with Doctor Johansen.  Max's heartbeat is still really strong, and he is finally measuring at a normal size, or at least my uterus is.  Things are starting to go faster, and get exciting.  Next Tuesday I have my breastfeeding class, so hopefully I will learn some good stuff then.  Then on Thursday, drum roll...I will have the cerclage taken out!  After that, it is just a wait and see what my body will do.  Some women go into labor soon after having a cerclage removed, some it takes several weeks.  They remove it at 36 weeks because that is when most women start having activity with dilating and such, and they don't want my cervix ripping from the stitches. 

Mark and I both are getting very excited, but I am still terrified of all the responsibilities that I will suddenly have when he is born.  I'm sure I will figure it all out, but when you have as much time as I do to think about it, it gets a little terrifying!  I am still on bed rest, and will remain so either until Max is born, or until 38 weeks.  Dr. Johansen has mentioned that if I do make it to 38 weeks, I can start walking and such.  I don't think I have ever been so excited to take a walk!  The weather here has been fabulous, in the 70's with a light breeze, so staying in and not walking has been torture.  I still enjoy the weather, but I always have the urge to go out and do something, but end up in the lounge chair trying to soak it all in. 

And to the pictures...

We decided to do the photos al fresco this week in the back yard.
Ros wanted to be a part of it.


4 comments:

Karen said...

70s???? I am jealous!! We have been having a very HOT summer. I'm glad you're enjoying such good weather.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Yeah, 70's!! It's way too hot here too, averaging in the high 90's. I'm not on bed rest, but hate going outside. It's just too hot! Wow, 35 weeks, you are getting so close! I feel like I've been missing out too, while my family is out riding bikes, zip lining, 4 wheeling etc.. I am taking it easy. I can't do any of that either. Tomorrow I'll be 27 weeks. You're going to have so much fun with your new little one Ginny! So excited for you :)

Kathy said...

You're almost there!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness you are getting so close! I am so stoked for you! You look amazing too- healthy and ready to have a baby!

Do not let yourself worry, you will be a wonderful mother! It all comes naturally and Max is already attached to you and your voice so even when you may not know what to do next, he will be comforted just to have his mama! You're already his mama and he will be great!