Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's my last year...

...in my 20's! And I am going to make it my best year! I feel very differently this birthday than I did last year. I think I had my midlife crisis way earlier than most people because last year's birthday I felt awful! THIS year, though, I feel great! I have so many goals and things that I want to do this next year, and I am so excited to do them!


To name a few, I want to be about half the person I am today, (while becoming a much better person) I want to work on being more frugal with money, I want to knit more and learn more knitting techniques (I still haven't finished my first hat, yikes!), I want to have our first baby, (this is a little less in my control but I am going to give it my all) I want to sell all of our business stuff, and last but not least, I want to go to Hawaii while my parents are still serving there (this ties into the frugalness thing). The ultimate thing that I want to do is a triathlon. For this blog, I will focus on only a few, as it is late, and I need to go to bed so that I can start enjoying my birthday bright and early!


First to tackle is that monkey on my back of losing weight, aka flatten the tire around my waist, clean out the junk in my trunk, whatever you want to call it.
I think I have a pretty good start on this one, though. Last week I reported that I needed to lose 100 lbs to get to where I want to be. Well, this week I have again met my goal, and I can report that I now only have 96 lbs to lose. Yea! This goal also ties in with the Hawaii goal, as I would be mortified to go to a beach in Hawaii looking like I do now. I would be worried that someone would mistake me for a beached whale!
 
On the frugality front, Mark and I have been trying to use our food storage for meals, and only purchase the absolute necessities like eggs.  We don't want to move all of it with us when we move to wherever we will be moving in June, and it also helps with the finances!  Not to mention eating at home also helps with deflating the previously mentioned tires!  We are trying to make do with less, which really just means LESS-ER since we weren't living on that much to begin with.  Every penny counts, though, right?


Mark and I also hope to have a baby in our home by the time I turn 30, either through adoption (which would be so amazing!) or through me getting pregnant and carrying it 9 months (which would be miraculous, and we would even be ok with only 8 months!).  So this is my little plug for Mark and I. 

If you know of anyone who is looking for a family for their baby (or babies), we would LOVE to adopt them! 

If that doesn't work out, I am currently having my back worked on, and hopefully getting that straightened out (literally) will help other areas of my body, so maybe I can carry a baby full term. 

Next, I know that this sounds weird, but I really want to do a triathlon, which will be a great test of my fitness. 

In January of this year, when I started working out again, I saw a poster in UNO's gym advertising a mini-triathlon here in Omaha to prepare for some of the real triathlons.  Mark and I decided then and there that we wanted to do it.  Unfortunately I really messed up my right knee and ankle and couldn't run anymore.  I am hoping that by Christmas Eve, which is one of my major goal markers, I will be able to start running again.  I would say I would enjoy doing a marathon, but after the first 5 miles or so, running just gets boring for me.  I will stick to running 5k's once I am able to run again.  I hope that the treatment that I am receiving for my back will help with my right leg as well as for my uterus! 

And there we go, my biggest goals for the next year.  I am hoping that my 20's will finish with a bang! 


5 comments:

Boy Mom said...

Great post. I have always thought you were gorgeous and fun and smart and talented...by your next birthday you'll be even more so.

Happy Birthday

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Ginny. Those are great goals and I think you will achieve each one! good luck!

Lara Zierke said...

You're energy is contagious. I turn 29 next month. I'm ready to join you in giving my 20s a big going out bash and be happy and enthusiastic to greet my 30s with gusto!

P.S. my word verification is "prehell." Maybe that's another term for spirit prison? hehe :)

Stacy said...

You have ALWAYS been full of energy and ambition!
Those are going to be some dang lucky kids that get to have you and Mark as parents. You are both amazing, and so high up in my book!
I wish you were close by and we could hang out more! Move back!! :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Those are some amazing goals! It's so nice to have things to work toward, and look forward to! I think it's time I re-evaluate and make my own list :) Hope all goes well :)