Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Personal Triumph!

So, I don't like to talk about my weight loss because I feel I will jinx myself, and I don't like to talk about my weight gain because, well, that's just embarrassing.  But I had a personal triumph this week, and I feel I have to share it!

I'll start out by saying that Mark and I are one of those couples that has visible signs of our first six years of married life, except it isn't children.  My how we've both grown!  Since we just celebrated our sixth anniversary and we both feel very comfortable with each other no matter what we look like, {nervous laugh} and because Mark is finishing his last year of Grad school so we no longer have any reason to be slackers, we've decided that we are going to lose the past 6 years worth of baggage. (and boy there is a lot of junk in the trunk, if you know what I mean!)

My biggest challenge, though, is the barrier of 10's.  Let me explain.  So as to not give away what my real weight is (not that you can't SEE my massive amounts of goodness) I am going to use an extremely large number.  Say I weighed 455 lbs.  My challenge would be to get below 450.  Once I reached 449, I would drop the next 9 pounds like a piece of cake(which is, ironically, probably what put the weight there!).  Then it takes me FOREVER to get to 439, and once there I easily drop another 9 pounds or so, and the cycle continues.

Well, this week I got past another 0, and am now on a 9.  I have been weighing under the 0 for 3 days now, so it's safe to say it is real!  So there you have it, I triumphed once again!  So far this year I have lost 20 pounds.  Not huge compared to what will be lost over the next 9 months, but a respectable start.

My goal for now is to no longer be considered overweight by the CDC, which means another 80 lbs.   My ultimate goal is to be a size 6, which I have never ever been before, which means 100 lbs.  I hope to get there by the time Mark graduates, so then he will be motivated to take his newly super fit wife who looks something like this...


to a really awesome beach somewhere for a really great vacation!  


Any prayers in my weight loss behalf would be greatly appreciated, as well as offering me salads instead of cake!

5 comments:

Karen said...

YAY!! Congratulations!

Stacy said...

20lbs! That's a GREAT accomplishment, I'd say you've earned some bragging rights!

Lara Zierke said...

Congratulations - that's a great accomplishment. Way to keep motivated! Keep us posted on your progress.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Oh man, I totally know what you mean. It's always a struggle for me :) I lost 30lbs last year, and have gained it all back. Ug!!! The hubby and I are starting over again too. I hope I can find some motivation somewhere :) Good luck in your journey!!! Here's to hoping for the BEST!

Boy Mom said...

Very nice!